We are looking for an experienced Communications Manager [code: SCCOM_20] who will design and implement targeted communication and dissemination strategies for our research and innovation projects. The purpose is to reach out to stakeholders on the issues we address, and the innovative solutions developed in projects we are involved in.
A particular focus is expected on European research & innovation programmes (Horizon 2020 and its successor Horizon Europe).
The main target audiences we target are the scientific community, industry, market actors, policymakers at EU and national level, media and the general public.
What you’ll be doing
- Lead communication and/or dissemination work packages or tasks autonomously, including budget management
- Come up with loads of great communications ideas and execute them
- Community management: Develop social media strategies, coordinate and grow our projects’ communities in Europe through social media, events and networking activities
- Build/update/maintain websites using WordPress
- Generate content by writing, editing and copywriting reports, articles and posts
- Monitor the impact of your activities
- Press relations: create great content and push it to journalists and bloggers
- Coordinating and providing guidance and support to the rest of the communications team
What we’re looking for
- Native English speaker, fluent French, another European language a plus
- At least 5 years of experience working in communications, with a focus on scientific, research or innovation-oriented projects
- Working knowledge of WordPress
- Graphic design skills are a great plus (Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator). An eye for design is a minimum
- Great writing and oral skills – we’re looking for a confident communicator and presentor
- A self-starter who can come up with new ideas and execute them autonomously
- Able to work the startup way: agile, focused, hacker-minded, DIY mindset
The job may also entail proposal writing and business development for European projects as well as B2B contracts.
Finally, a good fit with the company’s values and culture will be a determining asset.
Email your CV + cover letter in English, including salary expectations & date of availability to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning the job code in the email subject.