PANGAIA is a direct-to-consumer materials science company bringing breakthrough textile innovations and patents into the world through everyday lifestyle products. Every technology we work with aims to solve an environmental problem of the fashion/apparel & nature industry.
Role: Sustainability Impact Analyst
Reporting to: Sustainability Manager
We are excited to be recruiting a full-time Sustainability Impact Analyst as part of our growing Sustainability team at PANGAIA.
As a fast learner, you will be exposed to projects that involve life cycle analysis, greenhouse gas inventories, energy management, biodiversity audits, corporate sustainability reporting, strategy building and more. Key tasks will include research, data analysis, preparing presentations and report content and supporting in the roll out of strategic initiatives.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and detail-oriented individual wanting to make a difference and design a better future. You should be comfortable working with large quantities of data and be able to synthesise and interpret data into meaningful material and conclusions. You deliver work to a high standard and pay attention to detail, with an ability to work towards key deadlines. You are comfortable navigating uncertainty and excited to work with a high degree of autonomy.
Here in the Sustainability Team, we are kind and believe in doing good. We’re looking forward to meeting you!
Areas of responsibility:
- Performs analysis of PANGAIA’s Greenhouse Gas (GHG) emissions levels and other sustainable indicators (SI). Research, analyse and collect data from a variety of sources internal and external to PANGAIA.
- Develops data collection methodologies and reporting processes of GHG emissions and SI to ensure PANGAIA’s commitment to sustainability.
- Assist with the development and implementation of GHG emissions / SI monitoring and reduction plans and policies
- Provide analytical support to ongoing sustainability projects such as LCA and Carbon /Water foot-printing programs
- Research sustainability topics of interest that contribute towards PANGAIA’s sustainability goals
- Write reports describing findings and areas for improvement, policies and recommendations for follow up action.
- A degree in a relevant discipline (environment and energy-related subjects would be an advantage)
- 1-2 years’ experience within research, data analytics or sustainability insight role
- Technical understanding of LCA, impact measurement and data analysis
- Working knowledge of LCA tools (eg. Simapro) with ability to learn new technology platforms
- Knowledge of carbon foot-printing and policies
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, problem solving skills, with a particular interest in designing sustainable solutions for business
- Ability to manage time effectively, remaining flexible whilst working across teams and taking the initiative during busy times to ensure a quick turnaround
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to engage with others across departments
- A mindset of getting something fixed if it needs fixing
- Data fluency and advanced skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)