PANGAIA is a direct-to-consumer materials science company bringing breakthrough textile innovations and patents into the world through everyday lifestyle products. Every technology we work with aims to solve an environmental problem of the fashion/apparel & nature industry.
Role: Sustainability Project Manager
Reporting to: Sustainability Manager
At PANGAIA we are future-thinkers eager to adopt the latest innovations to enable positive and sustainable change. You will play a key role in driving projects designed to monitor and reduce PANGAIA’s environmental impact, increase transparency and traceability of our operations and transition towards fully circular business models and resource management. Your involvement will range across a diverse portfolio of project including life cycle analysis, digitisation of supply chains, implementing circular retail / distribution channels, and more.
We are looking for an action-oriented self-starter happy to work independently as well as in team, with experience in successfully overseeing the progress of simultaneous project flows. You are cooperative and efficient, able to organise people, tasks and resources to bring about a successful conclusion on time and within budget. You are a creative and solution oriented individual, comfortable working across a broad range of projects and excited to work with a high degree of autonomy and adaptability.
Here in the Sustainability Team, we are kind and believe in doing good. We’re looking forward to meeting you!
Main responsibilities & key tasks:
- Define the project’s scope and key milestones
- Monitor progress of multiple project streams and keep other team members and the project’s clients up to date and informed
- Collate and look after all the information associated with a project and ensure clear communication flows passes onto other members of the project team
- Build key relationships with key project partners
- Oversee cohesion of work and team: coordinate project staff, resource planning and allocation
- Plan, schedule and maintain project timelines
- Plan and meet budgetary objectives
- Report regularly to senior management and track project performance
- Carry out project evaluation and results measurement
Knowledge and skills:
- 3-5 years’ work experience focussing on sustainability, project management and/or consultancy
- Completed Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Knowledge of sustainable fashion innovation, with experience working in LCA and impact measurement, supply chain transparency, circularity and/or material innovation
- Demonstrated ability to manage a diverse array of projects with both internal and external stakeholders in a fast-paced environment and dynamically set work priorities among competing needs
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, confident numerical and analytical skills
- A commitment to clarity, accuracy and attention to detail, with an ability to break down and convey complex information
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suit, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience in using Asana or similar workflow management tool
- A project management qualification such as PRINCE2 or PMP would be an advantage.