The Senior Manager, Social Innovation leads Etsy’s social innovation work, leveraging the power of our marketplace, community and charitable contributions to support creative entrepreneurs and advance our mission to keep commerce human.
We support the company's goal to make creative entrepreneurship a path to personal empowerment and economic security. We operate several programs, including Maker Cities, Craft Entrepreneurship, Etsy Disaster Relief program, and efforts to expand savings among self-employed creative entrepreneurs. We are in the process of evolving and refocusing this work to more closely align with our business and advocacy strategies, while leveraging Etsy’s assets to scale our total impact.
This is an incredibly exciting time to join us team, as you will help evolve our strategy and wholly own its execution. In this role, you will identify our program priorities and seek external partners to effectively execute and scale our efforts. You will develop metrics to measure the effectiveness of our work, and ensure that we track and report on those metrics consistently.
You are adept at building both internal and external partnerships, and savvy about identifying strategies that drive both business and impact goals. You are passionate about the prospect of maximizing Etsy’s business, community, and philanthropic dollars to advance our broader mission.
This is a full-time position based in Brooklyn, NY, and reports to the Global Head of Policy and Impact.
About the Role
- Collaborate with internal partners to evolve our social innovation strategy
- Manage the execution (and evolution or discontinuation) of our current portfolio of initiatives to align with our revised strategy
- Lead the creation and delivery of new initiatives that advance our social innovation strategy
- Identify appropriate external partners and develop relationships to advance and scale our programs
- Partner with the business to identify opportunities, shape and improve our product and social innovation work
- Work with marketing, advocacy, and impact partners to devise and execute campaigns that effectively engage our stakeholders in our work, including strategies to solicit donations to support our broader work
- Support and advance thought leadership opportunities that arise from our social innovation work
- Represent Etsy at meetings, events, conferences, and panels
- You have 8+ years of experience working in philanthropy, social enterprise, or corporate social responsibility
- You are entrepreneurial, business-minded, and committed to data-driven decision-making
- You love and have successfully identified, pitched, and executed social innovation strategies that drive business and social impact goals
- You are an independent self-starter, and are just as comfortable developing high-level strategy as you are implementing detailed program plans. You are deeply knowledgeable about the fields of philanthropy, social innovation, and corporate social responsibility, and have expertise in the specific challenges facing self-employed creative entrepreneurs.
- You care deeply about the issues affecting the creative economy and the self-employed (e.g. economic security, portable benefits, education and training, etc.)
- You are fluent in fundraising and cause marketing strategies, including strategies to set targets, KPIs, and evaluate success
- You have the ability to work independently, and to lead projects from conception to completion, often without additional support
- You are precise, with excellent organizational, prioritization and multi-tasking skills
- You exercise sound judgement and discretion
- You love building strong relationships with your teammates and have a willingness to jump into any task
- You have a passion for Etsy’s mission and empowering our community of sellers to advocate for themselves on issues they causing the power of business to drive social change
- You are optimistic and believe there is a better way to do things
- Bonus points if you are a maker yourself or have your own creative business
Interested in working with us? Send us a cover letter and your CV or resume explaining why you’d be great for the job. We value your unique talents and point of view, so feel free to tell us what you are all about. And if you write, draw, craft, or contribute to something you’re proud of, we’d love to hear about it.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.