At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Bikeshare is a natural extension of Lyft’s vision to improve transportation access, sustainability and affordability. Lyft’s approach to bikes and scooters is based on the following four principles:
- Transportation Equity: to provide affordable transportation and extend mobility to communities that have historically been underserved.
- Safe Streets: to work with our city partners to help make Vision Zero a reality.
- Transit Integration: to make it easy for riders to use bikes and scooters to connect to transit.
- Environmental Sustainability: to shift riders away from unnecessary car trips.
Lyft is hiring a stellar Equity and Community Programs Manager to spearhead our equity programs and efforts for Citi Bike in NYC. Reporting to the NYC Market Manager, this individual will manage a community team, develop and execute strategies for ongoing and new programs, manage program operations for ongoing and new programs, and build relationships to increase access to Citi Bike among lower-income populations and communities of color in New York City. This role requires a high level of judgement, political sensibility, decision making, and time management.
If you share our vision for transportation that empowers local communities, reduces our environmental footprint, and brings people together, we’d love to meet you!
- Work collaboratively to develop and execute a strategy that will help further Lyft’s role as a leading voice on transportation equity, utilizing our platform’s unique abilities to improve lives through transportation
- Create and nurture enduring partnerships with external organizations focused on issues of transportation equity, community development, environmental justice, and more
- Think creatively about funding our equity goals and initiatives and how they ladder up to broad company business targets, including finding ways to sustainably scale our various community programs to have a broader impact
- Oversee the Reduced Fare Bike Share program, presented by Healthfirst, including technical maintenance, membership goals and targets, marketing and promotion, and community relationships to ensure the program’s success
- Support our partnership with Healthfirst, managing budget and prioritizing accordingly to accomplish our equity goals
- Be an active participant and leader in the NYC Better Bike Share Partnership and contribute to shaping and accomplishing their policy goals
- Leverage the Citi Bike Community Grant Program strategically to help build relationships and community in target neighborhoods
- Manage partnerships and relationships with NYC DOT related to community engagement, including outreach in Citi Bike’s expansion neighborhoods
- Work cross-functionally with the Lyft Marketing, Policy, and Communications teams to promote our Reduced Fare Bike Share program and other initiatives
- Be an internal advocate for inclusiveness, helping keep low income New Yorkers at the forefront of company initiatives and decisions
- Help make Citi Bike the most equitable bikeshare system in the country!
- 7+ years of experience in relevant equity and racial justice, transportation equity, urban planning, advocacy, community organizing, or strategic partnership fields
- Thorough understanding of NYC neighborhood dynamics, community development organization network, and politics
- Experience with program development and execution
- Business acumen including experience building and managing a budget, such as for new program investment proposals
- Experience managing a team, as a direct people manager
- Exceptional strategic, organizational, and program management skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, cross-functional, multi-stakeholder, demanding (and sometimes unstructured) environment
- Self-starter; intrinsically motivated
- Natural connector and relationship builder
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and presentation) - you know how to tell a good story
- Passionate about sustainable mobility and active transportation
- Charismatic in-person presence and public speaking ability
- This position may require hours that exceed 8 hours per day and/or 40 hours per week and some nights and weekends
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.