This position is responsible for increasing our positive impact on employees in manufacturing facilities by supporting brands and growing sales of Fair Trade Certified™ (FTC) Apparel and Home Goods. We are looking for an experienced and dynamic team member to work with FTUSA’s current brand partners, and increase the number of businesses offering and promoting Fair Trade Certified products.
Day-to-day, that means you will be (a) managing ongoing relationships with top global brands; (b) educating companies about the importance of Fair Trade, and figuring out how to make Fair Trade work for their business; (c) working hand-in-hand with our dynamic supply chain operations, certification, and standards teams to ensure successful outcomes at FTC factories; and (d) work with our impact and marketing teams to help understand the impacts of the program and communicate these impacts to brand partners and their customers.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Develop and execute strategic partnership plans with existing FTUSA brand partners. Support all day to day business needs, helping them to achieve their Fair Trade expansion goals and promote their Fair Trade Certified offerings.
- Support the team in building value-added services for our brands to help them market, sell and educate consumers on the benefits of Fair Trade. This includes supporting materials for marketing FTC products, to collecting and communicating certification and impact information for these accounts.
- Work with the FTUSA marketing department and our partners on promotions and tools to maximize consumer outreach.
- Develop and manage new relationships with companies to offer and grow sales of Fair Trade Certified products. Drive the sales process from prospecting to close, which will include cold calling, networking, and making formal presentations.
- Communicate the business, social and environmental advantages of Fair Trade certification to various levels to external parties in a way that it is understood, valued, and demonstrated.
- Manage large account opportunities, which includes pitching the program, negotiating financials, maintaining factory profiles and sales information, and setting up meetings and calls.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience working with retailers and consumer brands in sales, account management, or consulting.
- Strong project management skills. Ability to manage multiple projects at one time and collaborate with your peers to achieve deliverables.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to move at the speed of business. Strong verbal and written communication skills - excellent at following up on leads and negotiation.
- Comfortable interacting with everyone from Fortune 100 (can access the C suite) to smaller businesses, brands, and retailers. Strong public speaking skills.
- Comprehension of sustainable, economic, and social development programs and approaches. You believe deeply that most current approaches to the planet and its people doesn’t work, and you want to make things better.
- Entrepreneurial spirit. Takes initiative to problem-solve and provide innovative ideas and program improvements.
- Confident individual contributor, but excels at collaboration and working as a team player with your peers, and external constituents to deliver the best results.
- Demonstrated success dealing with complex programs and multi-stakeholder engagement.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint). Working knowledge of Salesforce a plus.
- Can travel frequently to meet with prospective partners, attend trade shows or industry events.
- Finally, you love the idea of bridging business strategy with sustainable development focused on the people and the planet.
Location: This position can work out of the Bay Area (Oakland) or Remote U.S.