Passionate about global nutrition? Worried about the effects on our climate due to animal agriculture? Ready to put your technical skills to create positive change in the world?
We are looking for a PhD level cell line development scientist, engineer, or regenerative medicine expert to join our team in Durham, North Carolina!
You are a technical leader
- You have conducted experimental research involving mammalian cell culture in multiple formats, biological and biochemical assays, and microscopic analysis
- You are comfortable performing critical analyses and interpreting data for actionable decision-making that impacts the greater company
- As a life-long learner you keep a pulse on current relevant scientific literature and advancement to share back with the broader team
- You like to move fast, but are able to maintain meticulous record-keeping and diligence in our scientific process, which you will help safe-guard
You are a cross-functional powerhouse
- You enjoy working hand in hand with CSO & CEO to develop written materials for funding applications, investor updates, and publishable works
- You thrive when your input for scientific strategic skills is leveraged, is actively engaging in regular scientific and broader all-hands team meetings
- You have an innate ability to articulate complex topics to a scientific audience as well as your business team
You love tackling challenging problems with a team
- You believe in our mission of working towards better infant nutrition, women's health, and sustainability
- As a conscientious teammate you're curious to learn from co-workers and share your personal passions
- You enjoy working collaboratively with a broad and diverse team and stepping outside of your comfort zone
- You're naturally inclined to think critically and creatively to work through murky problems with limited resources
- Ambiguity is your jam and you're able to strive ahead without direction
- You hold yourself and others to the utmost ethical standards in all scientific and professional endeavors
Qualifications & Preferred Experience
- PhD in molecular, cell, or developmental biology, tissue engineering, or similar, or Master’s degree +3 years hands-on research experience, including independent hypothesis generation, experimental design, implementation, and analysis
- Experience in mentoring junior scientists is a plus
- Background knowledge of cell physiology and behavior, including cell-cell and cell-matrix interactions, signaling cascades, intracellular transport, and polarization
- Experience with mammalian cell culture using multiple formats, including 2D, Transwell, organoid, and bioreactor models
- Previous experience with cell-based manufacturing, understanding of cell culture scale-up and/or bioprocess and bioreactor design considerations
- Extensive experience with mammalian cell culture and cell line generation, preferred with adherent cell types, including primary tissue processing and cell immortalization, selection, and screening based on desired characteristics
- Proficiency with molecular biology methodologies, including PCR, Sanger sequencing and NGS, gene expression analysis, library screening, vector design, and genetic transduction
- Experience with biochemistry techniques, including lysate preparation, electrophoresis, Western blotting, and 'metabolomic' analyses
- Expertise with enzymatic or immunological assays such as ELISA
- Experience with biological specimen preparation, including histological sectioning, immunohistochemistry, immunofluorescence, wide field and confocal microscopy, flow cytometry and cell sorting
JOIN BIOMILQ!Remind me later
Or, know someone who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!
Share Tweet Share Mail
Michelle EggerCo-Founder & CEO
Some of your colleagues
Workplace & culture
As a female-led company based in Durham, NC we are cognizant of building a culture where everyone can bring their authentic selves to work everyday. We hope you're excited to come and work to change the world with us!
BIOMILQ is a women-owned, science-led, and parent-centered infant nutrition company based in Durham, NC. BIOMILQ is on a mission to provide the next generation every opportunity to thrive by producing cultured breastmilk that offers supplemental nutrition to mother’s milk with the practicality of formula.
We are building an inclusive team that will bring diverse perspectives to our organization. It is imperative to our mission to create products that meet the needs of moms and babies, regardless of race or background. Join us as we work to make optimal infant nutrition universally accessible!