As Head of Sustainability Stakeholder Engagement, you will develop and drive our strategic approach to stakeholder engagement in sustainability. As a sustainability leader, Zalando has many important stakeholder relationships across a variety of sectors, such as civil society, public sector and media. You will ensure that we develop effective stakeholder relationships that allow Zalando to thrive, and enable us to drive progress on our sustainability goals. You will be the face of Zalando to our key partners and critical friends, as well as other organizations, and you seamlessly manage many relationships with excellent stakeholder management skills and cross-cultural experience.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Developing Zalando’s external sustainability stakeholder engagement strategy together with key internal stakeholders
- Managing key relationships with all strategic external sustainability partners and providing updates to internal teams in a clear and concise manner
- Monitoring the external landscape to mitigate impacts of any potential misinformation and ensuring we partner effectively with even our most critical friends
- Partnering with relevant internal teams and functions, such as Corporate Communications, Media Relations, Public Affairs and others in strategic decision making as it relates to our approach to external stakeholders
- Providing and enabling thought leadership for Zalando’s sustainability work, e.g. via collaboration with and participation in industry initiatives and bringing the industry knowledge to Zalando
- Developing strategies to maximize opportunities and minimize risk, e.g. from changing regulatory frameworks and stakeholder interests to the business
- Leveraging our sustainability work effectively for communication opportunities
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 7+ years’ experience managing complex stakeholder relationships, specific experience in cross-cultural environments preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in German and English
- Proven ability to clearly communicate sustainability stories to a wide variety of stakeholders
- Relevant experience in media relations, sustainability strategy and policy development
- Ability to navigate complex interactions with creative solutions and strong negotiation skills
- Highly motivated team player with the ability to be flexible in a diverse, living and ever-growing organization
PERKS AT WORK
- A workplace run on trust, empowerment and feedback; positive, inspiring working atmosphere
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, family service and parent & child rooms
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 35 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via email.