thinkPARALLAX is a leading full-service ESG strategy and communications agency. Partnering with influential companies across industries, we drive meaningful sustainability progress, action, and conversation. Our team of expert strategists and creatives guide every stage of our clients’ sustainability journey from ESG strategy to reporting, communications, and engagement, delivering compelling solutions that maximize business and stakeholder value.
The Director of Operations will keep thinkPARALLAX running efficiently, ensuring overall quality and timeliness of delivery. Under supervision of the Co-founder and CFO, you’ll be responsible for every aspect of our workflow and production process — and will be trusted to keep things moving under pressure and on tight deadlines. You’ll put your exceptional time-management and people skills to work every day, making sure everyone stays on task (and on budget). You’re the most organized, detail-oriented person on any team and are a pro at communicating accurate, deadline-driven data. You’ll work with the CFO on ensuring company profitability while maintaining consistent workflow throughout the office. Responsibilities will include:
Operations + Leadership:
- Develop and document operating policies and processes and train appropriate thinkPARALLAX employees.
- Own the tPX Operational guidelines and update accordingly to ensure continuous operational improvements are implemented throughout the agency
- Staff new projects based on the teams capacity and project needs
- Establish and measure KPIs
- Work with the finance group to develop the budget to support the strategic business goals, manage operations to meet the budget goals, review revenue forecasts and monthly P&Ls, taking action as needed, review profitability across client engagements and the office, and review and approve all hiring.
- Forecast monthly utilization collaborating with department heads to monitor the team’s workloads and determine outsourcing needs while managing tasks assigned to freelance contributors.
- Review and manage contracts with Account lead and CFO to ensure appropriate billing
- Lead weekly Leadership Team meetings with the CFO, Director of Strategy, Creative Director and the Director of Marketing and New Business.
- Manage the Account Director who will have 4+ direct reports
- Work closely with all account leads to maintain visibility into all projects in order to ensure consistency of processes, efficient allocation of resources and quality control
- Foster teamwork, resolving issues between departments, and taking charge in crisis situations.
- Bi-weekly oversight of project budgets and resources with account leads
Day-to-day traffic management
- Maintain and manage workflow with existing staff and supplement with contracted workforce.
- Monitor incoming work requests, triage incoming support requests by order of priority and deadline.
- Set up tasks in the project management tool with the Account Lead, and direct tasks to appropriate team members.
- Own the project management software tool and identify areas for improvement by coordinating appropriate training opportunities with the software team.
- 10+ years of project management and operations, in an agency environment
- Management experience
- Consulting, strategy, communication and marketing industry experience
- Experience with project management software
- Superior interpersonal skills - you instinctively know how to keep people and departments on track and are an expert at managing stress and pressure
- Experience with building out spreadsheet and forecasting documents
- Ability to function well in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines
This is a full-time, remote position. thinkPARALLAX is California-based, so the ideal candidate will be working within one hour of PST (Pacific Standard Time). We encourage our employees to lead a healthy and balanced life. Benefits include health and dental insurance, paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave, a monthly wellness stipend, and PARALLAXploration. We also offer a 401k and profit-sharing plan for those who qualify.
thinkPARALLAX celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you think you’re the one, please send to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter with salary requirements, and list of software knowledge
- A list of client projects previously managed