The Human Safety Net is looking for an exceptional professional to join our team as a Programme & Social Innovation Manager to manage THSN For Refugees portfolio and continue developing and managing an ambitious programme to connect the Foundation’s activities for social inclusion with the core business of Generali as an insurer and asset manager. This is a role for an experienced programme manager and a dynamic intrapreneur who is passionate about working for social change inside a large organisation, while also bringing in a network of stakeholders from the third sector, experience of working with NGOs and exposure to vulnerable communities and their needs.
Focus areas are:
- PROGRAMME MANAGEMENT
- Management: managing the For Refugees THSN portfolio of partners in 4 countries (France, Germany, Italy and Switzerland); providing guidance to THSN country teams on programme sustainability and expansion; liaising with NGOs and social enterprises; identifying partnership opportunities in the refugee entrepreneurship and employment sector.
- Scaling: identifying, supporting and developing the projects that within the existing network of 50+ partners have the most potential for scalability, working on the organizational models and on partnerships to amplify the impact. Organizing the annual Scale Up Impact call for proposals, in coordination with countries, NGOs & social enterprises and partners.
- SOCIAL INNOVATION MANAGEMENT
- Engaging the Core Business: building increasing social innovation opportunities to engage the core business towards shared social goals in a sustainable way. An example is Impact Investing – catalysing impact investments from within Generali’s asset management to promote social inclusion and have a measurable impact on vulnerable populations (with priority to the focus areas of The Human Safety Net).
- Inclusive Insurance – coordinating with the relevant Generali’s departments, the development of social insurance products (e.g. micro-insurance) that offer protection and assistance to vulnerable populations.
Key responsibilities of the role are:
Programme & Social Innovation management
- Manage a portfolio of grantees within the For Refugees Programme across a range of geographies, in coordination with local Generali staff. Run yearly call for Scaling Proposals and accompany design and roll-out phases.
- Alert management on issues, along with recommendations, based on due diligence outcomes, or findings from the regular monitoring.
- Coordinate, provide expertise, and network resources of new social innovations and impactful initiatives within Generali’s core business, in collaboration with external agencies and consultants, with a focus on early-stage innovations (design and pilot-stage) which can be spun out into the core business of Generali
- Support Generali Group functions and local business units in experimenting with solutions like impact investing and inclusive insurance, including through trainings and shared tools
- Develop shared trainings and resources, supporting a culture of intrapreneurship within the company
- Support storytelling, public reporting and events in collaboration with the communications team
- Support strategic initiatives across THSN programs
Partnership design and management
- Map and track trends and developments in the social sector relevant for the role and build a network of collaboration across public, private, profit and no profit sectors
- Support Partnership Manager in identifying and closing new partnerships in the For Refugees programme, and cultivating existing ones
- Create relationships and build partnerships with key stakeholders in the social innovation ecosystem: social entrepreneurs, accelerators and intermediaries, fund managers, networks, as well as other companies and foundations
- Support the development and implementation of frameworks and tools for measuring the impact of social innovations, e.g. fund investments or inclusive insurance products, in collaboration with MEL Manager
- Support Generali Group functions in embedding impact measurement into business processes
Our ideal candidate will have the following main requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics/Business, Public Policy/Administration, Social Sciences or similar studies
- A minimum of 3-5 years of work experience in a relevant field
- Experience working in or with the private sector
- Knowledge or experience in foundations, social impact accelerators, social enterprises or major non-profits (internationally) is a plus
- Knowledge and network on social impact and social innovation
- Proven experience in social impact measurement
- Proven track record driving projects - effectively delivering impactful elements of projects in fast-moving environment
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills in English
- Passion for creating a future where vulnerable groups of people can unlock their potential
- Entrepreneurship/Intrapreneurship mindset
- Able to build up lasting relationships, also across cultures and locations
- Curiousity about social innovation developments
- Curiosity for numbers and data driven approach
- Communication with transparency to build up trust
- Analytical mindset and a structured approach to plan and execute the work
- Openness to change, and ability to manage complexities and ambiguities