Nest is seeking a Manager of Compliance to support the implementation of Nest’s Ethical Handcraft Program for Homes and Small Workshops. This role will report to Nest’s Director of Compliance & Sr. Director of Compliance to and provide support to current clients issuing compliance services and contribute to the implementation of compliance systems, projects, and development of programming.
Specific roles and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Compliance Program Implementation (80%)
- Work closely with the Director and Sr Director of Compliance in implementing onsite and remote Compliance programming with vendor businesses located across 20+ countries
- Assist in management of active and past compliance projects, including project performance tracking and continuous communication with vendors
- Conduct training sessions to educate vendors and workers on Nest’s ethical standards
- Provide remediation support and oversight to businesses to guide them towards improved compliance practices
- Collect quantitative and qualitative data through interviews with business leaders, subcontractors, and workers for program impact monitoring
- Build and maintain strong partnerships with artisan businesses through frequent email communications, Zoom calls, and onsite visits
- Assist in reporting for all paid compliance services rendered for a client, including creation of post training and CAP reports, regular project status updates, and impact data reporting
Compliance Program & Global Solutions Development Support (20%)
- Assist Sr Director of Compliance in development of compliance program tools and materials to improve program efficacy
- Provide support in the implementation of Ethical Handcraft special projects related to compliance
- Support Compliance team in streamlining compliance program and improving systems in order to create efficiencies
Experience & Qualifications
Ideal candidates will be highly organized, self-starting, creative problem-solvers with exceptional attention to detail, strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills who can manage multiple projects and priorities, work well in a team, and constantly seek to contribute to the efficiency and effectiveness of the organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, ideally focused on International Development, Social Work, Supply Chain Management, Sustainability, or Business
- Excellent command of Microsoft Excel
- Experience with craft-based businesses or SMEs, ideally within an emerging economy context
- Experience working in developing countries or low-income/rural communities
- Knowledge of industry trends in compliance and sustainability programming
- Consulting experience is a bonus
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Able to multitask and balance shifting priorities
- Team player who thrives in an energized environment
- Problem-solving mindset and creative in developing solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills, writing and presentation skills
This is a full-time, salaried position with an excellent benefits package for US-based applicants, including: an annual contribution of 10% of salary directly into a SEP IRA retirement account, medical, dental, and vision insurance, a potential bonus, and generous PTO days . Extensive international travel (~50%) will be expected for this position.
All Nest employees work remotely and this position is open to candidates in any location globally. Compensation will be based upon experience and geography. Work authorization in the country of residence and ability to travel internationally without restriction is required.
Instructions for Applying
Please email your CV along with your interest in applying for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line should include your name and the position title.