Manager, Built Environment - EMEA
Location: Europe; with Amsterdam, the Netherlands preferred
Eligibility to work in the European Union is required for this position.
The Cradle to Cradle Products Innovation Institute is looking for an exceptional individual to join our team to accelerate adoption and maximize the positive impact of the Cradle to Cradle Certified™ Products Program in the Built Environment sector in the EMEA region.
As the standard-setting organization and certification body for the Cradle to Cradle Certified Product Standard, the Institute works closely with leading organizations worldwide to guide and validate their efforts to apply the principles of material health, circular economy, carbon management, water stewardship and social fairness to product design and manufacturing.
The Manager, Built Environment will work closely with product manufacturers, suppliers, accredited assessors and other industry influencers and stakeholders to increase awareness of the Cradle to Cradle Certified Product Standard, adoption of Cradle to Cradle certification, and demand for Cradle to Cradle Certified products.
The Institute is seeking a motivated, resourceful professional with business development and building industry experience to lead efforts to increase Cradle to Cradle Certified building products and materials across the EMEA region. The Manager will bring a strong knowledge of the building industry, a proven record of effective relationship management and a genuine passion for advancing the Cradle to Cradle principles.
- Develop and implement effective business development strategy, plan, budget and targets for regional built environment sector
- Meet or exceed annual certification targets
- Identify, cultivate, manage and track opportunities with prospective certification holders, funders and partners
- Manage relationships with existing and prospective building industry customers, partners and funders
- Define customer needs and priorities, and assist with the development of tools and resources that facilitate use and increase value of the Cradle to Cradle Certified Product Standard
- Organize and execute business development events and educational programming for building industry stakeholders including product manufacturers, architects, designers, consultants, contractors, owners/developers, academics, policy makers, and financial institutions.
- Represent C2CPII at regional building industry meetings, conferences and events.
- Secure sponsorships and/or grants necessary to deliver sector-specific resources, tools, or events.
- Prepare market briefs, reports, and other materials as needed to meet internal and external research and reporting needs.
- Master’s Degree in relevant field of study
- 7+ years related experience in consulting and/or market/business development
- Strong building industry knowledge/expertise with established sector relationships across Europe/EMEA
- Demonstrable knowledge of key sustainability and circular trends and challenges within the building industry
- Practical experience with Cradle to Cradle principles preferred
- Proven ability to influence and partner with business leaders
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English, additional languages preferred
- Strong sense of personal responsibility and accountability for delivering high quality work within set timeline
- Self-starter, able to initiate projects and work independently
- Proven teamwork skills both as a leader and cross-functional team member
Why work with us
- Be part of an organization at the leading edge of standard-setting for the circular economy.
- Take part in work designed to connect the dots between the vision of a thriving global circular economy and practical, real-world application.
- Engage with global innovators to address systemic challenges to responsible production and consumption at the product, business and industry level.
- Interact with leading corporations, network organizations, NGOs and SMEs within the green building movement and beyond.
- Work with talented, like-minded, mission-driven colleagues.
- Be challenged to think beyond traditional approaches to sustainability.
- Shape a positive future for product design and manufacturing.
To apply for this role, please submit a current resume and cover letter in English by 8th of November 2019. Applications must be received by email [click on "Apply" button below].