We think it's our job to stop and smell the roses, shift the paradigm and transform a wasteful industry into an eco-responsible one. We repurpose, pay-it-forward and compost, not because it's cool but because it's in our nature.
Repeat Roses transforms your event arrangements into bouquets that brighten hospitals, nursing homes, and shelters—then composts the blooms to keep waste out of landfills. We’ll help you care for your community and your planet: nothing could be more beautiful than that.
We are seeking a polished individual to join a luxury floral brand opening a new midtown retail outpost near Central Park. The candidate must have experience in both floral design and retail management.
This position is part-time during holiday season with opportunity for full-time beginning 2020. Compensation is $25/hour. Candidate must be able to work at least 20-40 hours/wk including rotating weekends and extra hours when required.
To apply, please reply with a brief personal profile describing attributes/experiences. Please submit your cover letter, resume and images of recent floral design work, and weekly availability in your application. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Key responsibilities include:
- Take direction from Creative Director and Chief Merchandiser.
- Work with Team to create and change in-store and window displays, designs, and looks to enhance the shop's image.
- Check in new floral inventory; unpack stock as it comes into the shop.
- Cut, condition, store and prepare florals for retail display.
- Maintain inventories of floral inventory and gift merchandise.
- Assist clients with selecting flowers for arrangements, working with numerous combinations to synthesize and develop creations based on brand style guide while utilizing knowledge of design and properties of materials.
- Trim material and arrange bouquets, wreaths, terrariums, and other items; package and price final designs.
- Confer with clients to determine needs; assessing budget and type of arrangement desired and the date, time, and place of delivery.
- Perform retail service duties such as keeping financial records, serving customers, answering telephones, selling giftware items and receiving payment.
- Maintain records, documents, or other files.
- Conduct small workshop experiences and demonstrations, and/or train other workers.
- Maximize every selling opportunity by suggesting key services, incorporating brand mission, latest trends, and current promotions.
- Provide thorough product knowledge and answer any inquiries regarding price, features, and benefits, enhancing customer engagement and maximizing sales.
- Perform POS register sales transactions quickly and accurately in accordance with established cash control procedures and customer service guidelines.
- Participate in all store meetings and training sessions to ensure optimal communication is maintained.
- Provide daily sales reports, updates and feedback to corporate office.
Desired qualities include:
- Professional demeanor, strong work ethic and desire to succeed.
- Positive attitude with high energy and a sunny disposition.
- High level of enthusiasm and self-motivation.
- Refined taste level and solid experience designing florals for high-end clientele.
- Exceptional customer relationship management skills.
- Desire to learn and natural curiosity about how to contribute to a more sustainable retail experience.
- Proven ability to work as a team and follow instructions.
- POS cash wrap knowledge.
- Must be able to speak and write English. Additional languages including Spanish a plus.
- Savvy social media skills and basic cell phone image-taking skills.
- Google Suite (Gmail, Google Docs, Google Sheets, etc.)