We think it's our job to stop and smell the roses, shift the paradigm and transform a wasteful industry into an eco-responsible one. We repurpose, pay-it-forward and compost, not because it's cool but because it's in our nature.
Repeat Roses transforms your event arrangements into bouquets that brighten hospitals, nursing homes, and shelters—then composts the blooms to keep waste out of landfills. We’ll help you care for your community and your planet: nothing could be more beautiful than that.
We are seeking a polished individual to join a luxury floral brand opening a new midtown retail outpost near Central Park. The candidate must have experience in retail management.
Responsible for the management of profitability at a specified retail location. This includes management of the sales team, building retail relationships with new customers, and the development/motivation of sales team, in support of the region’s retail profitability.
This position is part-time during holiday season with a career growth path including an opportunity for a full-time salaried role in the near future. Compensation is $25/hour. Candidate must be able to work at least 20-30 hours/wk including rotating weekends and extra hours when required.
To apply, please reply with a brief personal profile describing attributes/experiences. Please submit your cover letter and resume. Please include weekly availability in your application. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Key responsibilities include:
- Take direction from Creative Director, Chief Merchandiser and Sales Directors.
- Manage retail sell through and execution of promotional programs at the counter via the sales team.
- Develop productivity guidelines for special events and sales, and the performance management of such.
- Partner with the sales and corporate team to define the appropriate sales training for staff to new and ongoing product and sales training to improve selling techniques and client registration programs.
- Provide direction to retail staff on how to maintain Repeat Roses image (cleanliness, effective use of merchandising units, proper placement of product lines, etc.).
- Develop and provide training and support to retail team to execute special events programs.
- Maintain inventories of floral inventory and gift merchandise.
- Confer with clients to determine needs; assessing budget and type of arrangement desired and the date, time, and place of delivery.
- Perform retail service duties such as keeping financial records, serving customers, answering telephones, selling giftware items and receiving payment.
- Maintain records, documents, or other files.
- Oversee the management of small workshop experiences and demonstrations, and/or train other workers.
- Maximize every selling opportunity by suggesting key services, incorporating brand mission, latest trends, and current promotions.
- Provide thorough product knowledge and answer any inquiries regarding price, features, and benefits, enhancing customer engagement and maximizing sales.
- Perform POS register sales transactions quickly and accurately in accordance with established cash control procedures and customer service guidelines.
- Participate in all store meetings and training sessions to ensure optimal communication is maintained.
- Provide daily sales reports, updates and feedback to corporate office.
- Assist logistics process for the development of new products, inventory maintenance, manufacturing, shipment and delivery, and returns on products.
- Build relationships within the company and with external parties, such as suppliers or distributors.
Desired qualities include:
- Luxury retail experience preferred.
- Professional demeanor, strong work ethic and desire to succeed.
- Strong sales skills and ability to motivate a team
- Positive attitude with high energy and a sunny disposition.
- High level of enthusiasm and self-motivation.
- Refined taste level and solid experience designing florals for high-end clientele.
- Exceptional customer relationship management skills.
- Desire to learn and natural curiosity about how to contribute to a more sustainable retail experience.
- Proven ability to work as a team and follow instructions.
- Digital POS cash wrap knowledge.
- Must be able to speak and write English. Additional languages including Spanish a plus.
- Savvy social media skills and basic cell phone image-taking skills.
- Google Suite (Gmail, Google Docs, Google Sheets, etc.)
- Understanding of accounting or finance.