Fair Wear is an Amsterdam-based, international non-profit organisation working to improve labour conditions in garment factories worldwide.
Fair Wear is looking for a Communications Officer for its External Relations & Communications team.
The contract will start as soon as possible and is for six months, 36 hours per week. The External Relations & Communications team focuses on liaising with Fair Wear’s international stakeholders. The team is responsible for the organisation’s external communication, maintaining its corporate identity, as well as its lobby & advocacy efforts.
The Communications Officer will support the team’s activities with a focus on digital communication.
• Creating and editing newsletters, website content & other mail-outs
• Uploading content to the Fair Wear website
• Developing and maintaining a Fair Wear image library
• Executing social media campaigns and sharing regular content
• Helping to coordinate the organisation’s reports/publications
• Assisting with event coordination
• Supporting the team (ad-hoc) where needed
• Bachelor’s degree
• Experience working in a relevant field, such as communication, advertising, media and journalism (or current students in such a programme)
• Native English speaker or equivalent
• Excellent proofreading and editing skills
• Able to work independently and in a team
• Flexible and hands-on approach, able to take initiative
• Affinity with Fair Wear’s vision and mission
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and social media platforms
• Experience with WordPress, Photoshop, and Hootsuite desired
Please visit www.fairwear.org for more information about our organisation.
For any questions about the position, you can contact Ellen Keith or Cesca Boughton (+31-20-4084255).
We offer a salary in accordance with the Dutch government remuneration system (BBRA) scale 10, depending on relevant experience. If you are interested, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com no later than 15 November 2019.
We will interview candidates in the second half of November. Recruitment agencies are asked to refrain from approaching Fair Wear about this or any other vacancy.