BBMG seeks a seasoned strategist to join our New York-based team. Successful candidates will demonstrate the ability to lead and manage cross-disciplinary teams to deliver key insights and big ideas solving for a client’s strategic challenges. The Senior strategist is an expert at managing a client through change and/or implementing bold new ideas.
Successful senior strategists have a clear and demonstrable track record implementing successful brand innovation initiatives and/or integrated marketing campaigns. A senior colleague will continuously elevate BBMG’s strategic process; bring inspiration to the workflow and mentor junior colleagues. Tracks and shares relevant market trends and contributes to BBMG’s thought leadership and marketing initiatives. Senior strategists also lead organic growth on existing accounts and provide strategic perspective on pitches and proposals.
Strategy Development and Oversight
• Manage relationships with client stakeholders and lead clear definition of client challenge.
• Lead branding, innovation, marketing and communications strategies based on insightful analysis and innovative ideas.
• Embody and elevate BBMG process and protocols.
• Oversee and assist in research steps as appropriate.
• Create and pitch ideas for all levels of campaign development and implementation.
• Provide strategic management and oversight to a dedicated interdisciplinary engagement team that will collaborate on all projects (designers and strategists).
• Sell in a big idea, ensuring strategic alignment or coaching through change management.
• Provide strategic direction to support creative concepting and design.
• Generate written content for a variety of marketing formats (client memos, proposals, branding and strategy documents, collateral, talking points, etc.).
• Manage, teach and mentor BBMG team members.
• Bring innovation, creativity and inspiration into all engagements.
• Manage team and workflow to deliver work on time and within budget.
• Identify key engagement touch points for principal and/or director involvement.
• Confirm smart timelines and milestones across multiple projects; make recommendations for adjustments based on capacity, cost and client needs.
• Oversee outside partners and vendors.
• Cultivate new business relationships and strategically grow existing accounts.
• Support new business pitches and proposals.
• Own strategic relationships with external partners supporting research and strategy development.
• 5-7+ years of direct brand brand strategy and/or innovation and strategic communications experience. For instance, the successful candidate may have experience as a…
– Senior Planner in an advertising agency
– Senior Consultant in an innovation agency / consultancy
– Senior Strategist in a branding agency / consultancy
• Experience working in a consultancy environment, delighting clients and managing significant integrated strategy and/or innovation engagements.
• Experience in the application and expression of brand strategies (e.g., naming, corporate identity, packaging, retail, cause marketing, etc.).
• Experience in qualitative and quantitative research design and execution.
• The ability to distill client needs and research findings into actionable brand strategy.
• Sharp attention to detail.
• Exceptional written, verbal and presentation skills.
• Superior organizational, communication and analytical skills are a must.
• A desire to work in a growing values-driven organization.
• Experience coaching and mentoring junior staff.
BBMG provides full health care and dental coverage as well as a competitive salary, individual performance bonus, agency bonus, pre-tax spending accounts and matching 401(k) based on experience and ability to meet above criteria.
All inquiries will be kept confidential.
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Senior Strategist” in the subject line. No phone calls please, thanks for understanding.