The Director of Communications is part of GoodWeave’s team responsible for creating and implementing the organization’s communications, branding and external engagement strategy. The Director of Communications will develop and deliver campaign and organizational messages for a range of audiences and through GoodWeave’s website and social media platforms, annual report, earned media and other key channels. The position will be responsible for building and managing media relationships, planning events, collaborating with industry partners, and securing strategic partnerships to build the GoodWeave brand.
The ideal applicant will be an exceptional writer and editor with proven skills in building and managing brand-building campaigns and online and social media strategy development and implementation. S/he must possess a commitment to GoodWeave’s values and work ethic and ideally have experience working on communications campaigns on social issues.
- Create and execute a comprehensive communications strategy in collaboration with the CEO, as well as other key staff, that aligns with the goals of GoodWeave’s results framework with a core focus on content development;
- Grow GoodWeave’s brand and maintain market leader position through effective story-telling and narrative development;
- Develop a communications service offer for GoodWeave’s licensees, according to their level of priority; implement joint marketing strategies with major companies;
- Implement strategies to meet campaign goals and enhance GoodWeave's online presence;
- Lead the design evolution, development and management of the web site including content development, routine updates, and managing outside consultants as needed;
- Oversee the production of GoodWeave’s annual report, and other core communications products;
- Develop other communications products to reach industry, media and other target audiences;
- Write compelling and organizationally-appropriate press releases, blogs, op-eds, quarterly newsletters, etc.;
- Spearhead media relations, promote and secure opportunities for coverage of GoodWeave’s work through selected trade and consumer channels;
- Grow and manage GoodWeave’s press list;
- Propose and develop ideas for fundraising campaigns and manage external consultants, staff and interns engaged to advance campaigns;
- Maintain and evaluate communications and campaign metrics that demonstrate organizational impact;
- 7+ years of progressive responsibility in communications, preferably in a socially responsible business environment.
- Experience developing and managing successful communications campaigns from strategy phase to implementation.
- Proven track record securing high-profile media placements and organizing events.
- Experience with online marketing and media.
- Strong project organization skills with experience managing complex workflows being performed in-house and by external consultants.
- Understanding of project management tools, including theory of change and results framework.
- Passion for GoodWeave’s mission and socially driven business model.
- Sharp, creative writer with excellent interpersonal, presentation and organizational skills.
- Native level English language.
In addition, the successful candidate will be highly motivated, well-organized, adept at building relationships inside and outside the organization, and thrive in an autonomous, fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
Conditions of Employment: GoodWeave is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal or state law. Employment is contingent on the results of a background investigation and positive references.
Compensation and benefits: Compensation is commensurate with experience. GoodWeave also offers a generous benefits package.
To Apply, please email resume and cover letter (explaining why your skills and experience are suitable for this position) to:
CEO, GoodWeave International, Personnel@goodweave.org