Cracked It is the Evening Standard’s Social Enterprise of the Year. We combine business and tech to support young ex-offenders away from crime and towards employment.
Our mission is radical: to train some of the most vulnerable young Londoners to staff our roving smartphone repair shops within the biggest corporates in town - including the US Embassy, Barclays global headquarters and River Island.
The Evening Standard has listed us as one of “London’s best iPhone fixers”, and our work has been featured in The Guardian, BBC, Forbes, Daily Mail, VICE, Time Out and more.
We’re on the hunt for a Relationships Lead – Cracked It’s resident partnerships and customer service supremo.
You’ll have a big hand in looking after our partnerships with the big workplaces that host our clinics, and will lead the customer charm offensive at our clinics themselves . No repair experience required!
You’ll make our small team wonder how we ever managed without you.
Your main responsibilities
- Co-ordinate our flagship repair clinics: You’ll be arranging our pop-up repair clinics at corporate workplaces we’ve got partnerships with. These include the US Embassy, Ministry of Justice and River Island. Think event-organising - but with a twist.
- Look after our corporate partners: You’ll help to keep the corporates that host our repair clinics engaged with our award-winning work. You will be their go-to person when they need support from us. You’ll do the professional equivalent of making sure our corporate partners’ wine glasses are always topped up.
- Charm the pants off our customers at our repair clinics…Not literally. But you’ll be our charmer-in-chief at our repair clinics, guiding our customers through them with efficiency, warmth and delight. You’ll be a shining example of customer service to our ex-offender trainees. You won’t need to repair - our Master Technician and young techs have that covered.
- Manage customer queries from Cracked It HQ: In addition to front-of-housing our repair clinics, you’ll pour your heart into making sure our customers get jargon-free repair support from our tech specialists.
- Test out some bold marketing tactics: You’ll let your imagination run wild to try out new promo stunts, making our repair service irresistible to those clumsy/unlucky potential customers who need their broken tech fixed.
What we’re after
- You’re a people-lover: You’re a natural when it comes to reading people, understanding what makes them tick, and responding accordingly. You’ve worked or volunteered in a people-facing role before.
- You’re a full-time solution-finder: You can re-purpose old knowledge to fix new problems. Your blood boils when your great ideas have to get rubber-stamped by five departments before they’re put into action (none of that at Cracked It). You don’t cover up your mistakes. Instead, you help yourself and others to learn from them.
- You can spin a lot of plates at once: You’re so organised that you can manage simultaneous demands from our customers and partners without losing your cool, losing sight of your goals, nor losing your magic touch. Any event-organising experience you have would be great evidence of this.
- You feel confident rubbing shoulders with the big dogs: As a small start-up, we punch above our weight by partnering with multinational corporates. You’ll be able to speak their language - and may even have experience working with (or in) corporates before.
- You care enough to get stuck right in: You’re invested in our social mission to support ex-offenders. You’re not precious about rolling up your sleeves to get the job done, whatever it might be.
- You’re hot on deadlines: You hate lateness. So do we.
- Your birthday off! You’ll get an extra day off on your birthday. Enjoy!
- Special event invites: Join us at networking events to create opps for your development.
- Have a real say: Your voice will have a big bearing on the direction we grow in.
- Change lives: Make a difference to young people’s lives simply by doing what you do best.
Complete our online form to apply: crackedit.org/jobs
- Application deadline: Applicants will be considered until Monday 27th January 2020 at 12 noon (midday).
- Assessment day: Either Monday 3rd February 2020 or Tuesday 4th February 2020
- Start date: Monday 9th March 2020 (with the potential for sooner)
Appointment is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and two references.