Are you inspired by how BLM scaled their grassroots activism through digital organizing? Are you eager to help accelerate the fight towards a Green New Deal? Crave the opportunity to join a purpose-focused crew that’s building a social impact lab in support of progressive campaigns? Do your friends come to you for new music recommendations?
We are looking for a Digital Organizer to use digital tools (website, social media, email, event pages) to expand and deepen our climate justice campaigns and climate positive events.
WHO WE ARE:
Effect Partners works with musicians, athletes and brands to accelerate climate justice. We’ve dedicated our focus to progressive environmental solutions for thirty years. We are known for our work in the music industry, where we have pioneered environmental best practices for Grammy-winning artists and spearheaded iconic, impactful campaigns.
WHY CLIMATE JUSTICE:
An unprecedented mobilization of leadership and resources are needed to prevent climate breakdown, reverse inequality, and heal our communities. Climate justice delivers social justice and a sustainable planet. It transforms and informs equality, democracy, and community. It ensures equitable access to food, energy, jobs, healthcare, housing, and safe living environments. It is an equal distribution of opportunity to achieve a more just, healthy and prosperous life. We are inspired by those marching, fighting and organizing every day and are committed to doing whatever we can to help advance the movement.
- Create compelling digital content for email, social media, and our website that builds meaningful connections and generates powerful calls to action.
- Generate opportunities to identify and engage campaign supporters and drive measurable online actions through alerts, infographics, key messages, and other creative hooks.
- Cultivate and grow Effect and our client’s online presence through email, website, paid promotions and social platforms, integrating digital strategies with on-the-ground campaigns.
- Understand and apply data analytics related to the campaign email list, website, and social channels to improve the effectiveness of the campaign
- Make website user interface/experience decisions and write copy to ensure it is as informative and accessible as possible.
- Performing uploads to email database and facilitating email campaign list selection and segmentation testing and strategy. Suggest creative ways to segment portions of the list to send targeted asks to supporters.
- Support the creation and promotion of event pages.
WHO YOU ARE:
- 2-5 years professional experience in digital organizing, content management or related positions
- A belief in and genuine passion for social justice and a sustainable planet
- Proficiency in the strategic use of Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and other social media platforms, as well as social media content management systems like Sprout
- A familiarity with (or willingness and demonstrated capacity to learn) UI/UX design
- Ability to authentically reach diverse or underserved audiences - particularly climate change’s frontline communities and often overlooked communities
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, demonstrating attention to detail
- Comfort working independently, embracing experimentation, taking initiative and leading on identifying opportunities
- Strong competency with Mac iOS platforms, Google Office Suite, AirTable and Slack
NICE TO HAVE:
- Direct experience working with web designers or developers
- Successful track record of working remotely, independently, or outside of a traditional workplace setting, but still functioning as part of a larger team
- Confident capabilities in social media community management, and/or solid graphic design chops
- Familiarity and comfort with anti-oppression and equity work
OUR TEAM CULTURE:
- Creativity: you like to make things cool, fun, and engaging — you enjoy being creative and are always thinking of new ways to reach people.
- Flexibility: On a small team, things can change — often. You are adaptable - your instinct is to support your team no matter what. You are not afraid of working events that may be at night, over weekends or in the middle of holidays.
- A hustler attitude: you’re a self-starter, you get things done, and you can anticipate what’s next.
- Push boundaries: Use your creative spirit to consistently explore and define what’s next, what’s possible
- Punch above your weight: Embrace being the small, scrappy underdog - never back down, surprise yourself and our partners with the strength of your work
- Fight for progress: Show your pride, determination and commitment to progressive solutions in everything you do
- Pursue resilient joy: No matter how hard the task or challenging the project, always look for ways to share laughter, love and fun.
If this sounds like you, send your resume and a cover letter that explains your passion for helping accelerate climate justice to work[at]effectpartners.com