Are you eager to help accelerate the fight towards a Green New Deal? Crave the opportunity to join a purpose-focused crew that’s building a social impact lab in support of progressive campaigns? Do your friends come to you for new music recommendations?
We are looking for a Field Organizer to lead non-profit outreach and grassroots project management for our campaigns and climate positive events. If you’re ready to join our community of artists, managers, labels, festivals, nonprofits and inspired brands, we’re ready for you.
WHO WE ARE:
Effect Partners works with musicians, athletes and brands to accelerate climate justice. We’ve dedicated our focus to progressive environmental solutions for thirty years. We are known for our work in the music industry, where we have pioneered environmental best practices for Grammy-winning artists and spearheaded iconic, impactful campaigns.
WHY CLIMATE JUSTICE:
An unprecedented mobilization of leadership and resources are needed to prevent climate breakdown, reverse inequality, and heal our communities. Climate justice delivers social justice and a sustainable planet. It transforms and informs equality, democracy, and community. It ensures equitable access to food, energy, jobs, healthcare, housing, and safe living environments. It is an equal distribution of opportunity to achieve a more just, healthy and prosperous life. We are inspired by those marching, fighting and organizing every day and are committed to doing whatever we can to help advance the movement.
- Support our pre-existing network of climate justice non-profits to run effective and efficient tabling activations at the concerts and events.
- Recruit, train and develop new partners for our non-profit network to dramatically grow Effect and our client’s presence and power in a particular concert markets.
- Research, source and maintain meaningful relationships with music and entertainment venues, event promoters, and climate justice organizations. Through this network, the organizer is expected to set up high impact tabling activations with partners. These activations should reach or serve diverse or underserved audience - particularly climate change’s frontline communities.
- Developing systems and processes for tabling activations to be used with all field partners, consistently looking for new approaches and technologies to get the job done.
- Timely reporting to supervisors and open to giving and receiving feedback to ensure we not only meet, but exceed our goals.
WHO YOU ARE:
- 1-3 years professional experience in organizing or related positions
- A belief in and genuine passion for social justice and a sustainable planet
- Experience with phone-banking, door-to-door or street canvassing, or other field organizing with strong preference for experience working with often underserved communities and constituencies
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tabling activations simultaneously, meeting frequent deadlines and resolving complex issues and competing needs under pressure
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, demonstrating impeccable attention to detail
- Comfort working independently, embracing experimentation, taking initiative and leading on identifying opportunities
- Strong competency with Mac iOS platforms, Google Office Suite, AirTable and Slack
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience interfacing with national and local nonprofits working for climate justice
- Successful track record of working remotely, independently, or outside of a traditional workplace setting, but still functioning as part of a larger team
- Demonstrated ability to train and coach volunteers and non-profits
- Familiarity and comfort with anti-oppression and equity work
- Confident capabilities in basic social media community management, basic graphic design and/or basic Website management
OUR TEAM CULTURE:
- Creativity: you like to make things cool, fun, and engaging — you enjoy being creative and are always thinking of new ways to reach people.
- Flexibility: On a small team, things can change — often. You are adaptable - your instinct is to support your team no matter what. You are not afraid of working events that may be at night, over weekends or in the middle of holidays.
- A hustler attitude: you’re a self-starter, you get things done, and you can anticipate what’s next.
- Push boundaries: Use your creative spirit to consistently explore and define what’s next, what’s possible
- Punch above your weight: Embrace being the small, scrappy underdog - never back down, surprise yourself and our partners with the strength of your work
- Fight for progress: Show your pride, determination and commitment to progressive solutions in everything you do
- Pursue resilient joy: No matter how hard the task or challenging the project, always look for ways to share laughter, love and fun.
If this sounds like you, send your resume and a cover letter that explains your passion for helping accelerate climate justice to firstname.lastname@example.org.