GNA, a national clean transportation and energy consulting firm, is seeking a Communications & Marketing Specialist / Manager (depending on experience) with a background in the transportation and/or clean energy sector to join the GNA Creative division in our Santa Monica office.
Our team at GNA is driven by our passion to improve national energy security, create U.S. jobs, improve air quality for communities, and aid our customers in reducing their operating costs. This passion has led GNA’s conferences and expos to become the largest and most prominent events in the clean transportation sector.
This is an exciting opportunity to use your stellar written and verbal communications expertise to take complex information and distill it down into concise and effective content to help advance the clean energy and vehicle technology market. Through your work, you will drive strategic communications campaigns for a variety of projects and clients spanning the full spectrum of the clean energy and transportation industries. In addition, you will have the opportunity to work with GNA’s partners and executive team—some of the most well-respected and recognized leaders in the clean transportation industry—on thought leadership campaigns.
The ideal candidate for this role must be organized, creative, driven, and have excellent written and analytical skills.
Your Responsibilities Include:
- Manage communications projects for GNA’s clients, including strategic messaging, collateral development, and media campaigns
- Identify key industry trends and issues of concern to GNA’s clients for thought leadership article opportunities
- Develop creative strategies to drive media coverage for clients and projects
- Developing and editing thought leadership content on behalf of GNA’s executives and clients
- Assist in crafting client project proposals and budgets
- Build and maintain relationships with technology, trade, and business reporters/bloggers in print, broadcast and online media
- Manage and respond to incoming media requests, arrange and facilitate media interviews
- Writing and editing news releases, and coordinating distribution of releases
First and foremost, we are looking for a team member that is passionate about learning and has a strong commitment to environmental sustainability. Beyond that, qualifications include:
- 3 to 5 years of communications experience, preferably in a client-facing environment
- Stellar writing and presentation skills, including long format (press releases, reports, thought leadership articles, etc.) and short format (slide decks, email copy, website copy, etc.)
- Good knowledge of reaching the media and other influencers via traditional and social media such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.
- Must thrive in a fast-paced, evolving environment and possess a strong ability to adapt, multitask and manage multiple deadlines at once
- Prior experience leading project teams, including facilitating productive group collaborations, driving timelines and follow through on action items
- Prior experience working with executives to coordinate media interview opportunities, as well as ghost writing thought leadership articles for media publications.
- Basic understanding of HTML, preferred experience with WordPress
- Strong writing, editing, research and analytical skills with a portfolio of writing samples
- Experience in and/or knowledge of the clean transportation, alternative fuel, and/or energy industry is a major plus.
- Excellent teamwork, communication and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to balance multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and detail-oriented
- Excellent facilitation and creative problem solving skills
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, technology or related field.
Work Environment & Perks:
- Fast-paced, high growth work environment
- Friendly, fun, and collaborative team-based work environment
- Diversity of projects
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 5 to 10% travel required
Compensation & Benefits
This full-time, staff position offers an annual salary, as well as a full benefits package, including medical, dental vision and long-term disability insurance. We also offer 401k plans and performance-based bonus opportunities.